2 cups self-raising flour
¾ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
¾ cup buttermilk*
½ cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1cup fresh or frozen blueberries
* If you do not have buttermilk on hand simply squirt some lemon juice into the same amount of regular milk and let sit for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin cases
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon together in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk, oil, egg and blueberries and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into muffin pan until each case is approximately ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Finally and most importantly – enjoy!