1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed, or 1 garlic leaf stem, chopped
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup of your favourite herbs, chopped (we used parsley, thyme and chives)
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 head and stem of broccoli, cut into florets
½ cup silverbeet, chopped
½ cup cream
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add stock, herbs, potatoes and broccoli. Bring to boil,cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add silverbeet and simmer for 1 minute or until just wilted.
- Remove from heat, use a stick blender to process the soup, stir through cream, serve and enjoy!
A special thank to you Petroula for recommending a similar soup on our facebook page. This is my adapted version for kids. Give it a go and please let us know what you think.
Happy cooking with the kids!