St. Patrick’s Day marks the time of year when sweet pea seeds like to be planted in our gardens. Forty children from the Natured Kids outdoor playgroup planted these sweet peas to make a living, scented, sweet pea tee pee to play in at the Groundswell Community Garden in Frankston.
To make your own tee pee with the kids in your garden you will need:
- 4 stakes
- chicken wire to cover 3 sides
- 2 packets of sweet pea seeds
- Make a tee pee structure with the stakes, tying them together at the top.
- Cover three sides of the tee pee with chicken wire.
- Plant the seeds evenly around the base of the tee pee.
- Water the seeds regularly and watch them grow – easy!