Waldorf Salad with BBQ Chicken Recipe
IngredientsSalad 1 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts – optional for young children 1 cup celery, thinly sliced 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or a 1/2 cup of raisins) 2 sweet red apples, cored and diced 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice Pinch of salt Dash of pepper 4 Lettuce cups BBQ Chicken 4 Chicken thigh fillets 1 bunch parsley 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped Pinch of salt and a dash of pepper 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare chicken – trim thigh fillets. Cut into slices, place into bowl. Add finely chopped garlic, oil and parsley, salt and pepper and rub all over chicken. Allow to sit for 15-30 minutes for flavours to marinate.
- To make your salad, core and chop apples, place in bowl. Add in thinly sliced celery and grapes. Mix well.
- To make your dressing, place mayonnaise in a clean bowl, add in lemon juice, salt and pepper, mix well. Pour dressing over salad, toss well.
- To cook your chicken, heat a little olive oil on the BBQ or in a frypan, until hot, cook chicken, until well cooked through – approx 10 minutes. Place cooked chicken on a clean plate.
- Create your yummy salad – take a washed lettuce cup, place a spoonful of salad and top with BBQ chicken.